On Noblis’ sustainability team, we are dedicated to addressing our planet’s biggest environmental challenges, including climate change. We are seeking a professional who will be a member of our sustainability team supporting Federal government customers. Our sustainability team conducts analyses that support the development of policy and provides sustainability subject matter expertise in support of sustainable facilities initiatives across the United States Government.
As a life cycle assessor on our team, you will help develop modeling techniques and conduct analyses to understand life cycle impacts of products and buildings, support greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction strategies, improve efficiencies, and reduce other environmental impacts from materials and procurement to whole buildings.
You will have the opportunity to participate in other sustainability initiatives as well, such as developing educational/training content, quantitative ESG and economic analysis, supporting circular economy and EPD-related initiatives.
- Assess potential life cycle environmental impacts of technologies, products, and organizations by applying a range of life cycle assessment (LCA) and other related math / statistical modeling methodologies (e.g., EPD).
- Assess GHG emissions associated with buildings, embodied carbon of products, supply chain, and other categories.
- Develop unit processes and contribute to environmentally extended input output model development.
- Draft and review educational/training content related to LCA, sustainable buildings, circular economy, and ESG.
- Support corporate ESG initiatives, as needed, such as development of greenhouse gas inventories.
- Participate and/or lead client meetings to clearly describe results of research and data analysis.
- Ensure performance of tasks within scope and direction of the project manager.
- Perform data analysis and data visualizations using Excel or other tools (e.g., openLCA, Tableau, R, PowerBI).
- This position has the ability to remotely
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, management or engineering, civil, mechanical engineering, sustainability, architecture, economics, math, statistics, or other field relevant to life cycle assessment
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of LCA and/or EPD development in the built environment domain
- Experience conducting GHG emissions inventories in the public or private sector
- Knowledge of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO 1404X, ISO 1402X, and/or related standards
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Develop unit processes, contribute to environmentally extended input output (EEIO) model development and stastical analysis.
- Presentation skills and experience presenting to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Works well in a geographically diverse team environment
- U.S. Citizen
- Experience developing and/or applying hybrid and/or environmentally extended input output models
- Advanced Degree in engineering, environmental science, architecture, sustainability, industrial ecology, economics, or a related field with specific LCA coursework or equivalent experience
- Experience with the United States Federal Government
- Strong data analysis skills in Excel, Tableau, PowerBI and/or R
- LEED AP, LCA Certified Professional, SEA, SEP, or other similar credentia
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI, and Noblis MSD tackle the nation’s toughest problems and apply advanced solutions to our clients’ most critical missions. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise together in an environment of independence and objectivity to deliver enduring impact on federal missions. Noblis works with a wide range of government clients in the defense, intelligence and federal civil sectors. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public. Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace.
Salary Range Explanation
At Noblis we recognize and reward your contributions, provide you with growth opportunities, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, and work-life programs. Our award programs acknowledge employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our service standards. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in our benefit programs. Other offerings may be provided for employees not within this category. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Benefits page on our Careers site.
Salary at Noblis is determined by various factors, including but not limited to, the combination of education, certifications, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, internal and external equity, location, and clearance level, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements and applicable employment laws. The projected compensation range for this position is provided within the posting and are based on full time status. Part time staff receive a prorated salary based on regularly scheduled hours. The estimated minimum and maximum displayed represents the broadest range for this position (inclusive of high geographic and high clearance requirements), and is just one component of Noblis’ total compensation package for employees.
Posted Salary Range
USD $99,100.00 – USD $17,340.00 /Yr.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Noblis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race (as well as because of or on the basis of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Noblis is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Noblis will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
To apply for this job please visit jobs-noblis.icims.com.