Website Airbus Group
A vacancy for an Ecodesign Engineer/ Environment Officer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Taufkrichen. The successful applicant will join the Product Environmental Compliance and Ecodesign team (TETR-TL2).
Tasks & accountabilities
Do you want to do something about the environment? Make sure that engineers consider the environmental impacts of their technical choices? The Product Environmental Compliance and Ecodesign team in Airbus Defence and Space is a dynamic team, working hand-in-hand with the projects, designers, and acting as a supportive and evolving community.
The team is responsible, among others, for the definition and the implementation of activities in order to promote innovative technologies, industrial processes and Ecodesign methodologies to foster eco-efficiency of Airbus Defence and Space’s products throughout their life cycles.
Your mission will be to support the concept definition, implementation and activities concerning Ecodesign. As an Ecodesign Engineer/ Environment Officer, you will contribute actively to the reduction of our products’ environmental impacts!
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the definition and implementation of Ecodesign activities (Ecodesign manual, EcoDesign and Sustainability Indicator, Environmental Impact Evaluations…)
- Coordinating and/ or performing Environmental Impact Evaluations (for example Life Cycle Assessments) for Airbus Defence and Space products, materials and processes
- Supporting projects with respect to customer’s environmental requirements
- Proposing ways of improving our environmental performance
- Ascertaining Airbus DS’ position as an eco-conscious company
- Managing the Ecodesign network
- Contributing to the ISO 14001 certification
- Defining and performing the Ecodesign awareness and trainings
- Working in close contact with the person in charge of Ecodesign
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- University degree in Natural Science, Environment or equivalent
- Good knowledge of and experience in Ecodesign
- Solid knowledge of related environmental impact evaluation methods and tools, in particular for Life Cycle Assessment (e.g. ISO standards)
- Knowledge about standard ISO 14001:2015
- Previous experience with aerospace’s customers (ESA, EU departments of defence…) is an advantage
- Knowledge of Ecodesign’s related topics like Corporate Social Responsibility, Critical Raw Materials and Circular Economy is a plus
- Understanding of product related environmental regulations (i.e. REACH, RoHS, BPR…) is an advantage
- Ability to work in an European team environment and are willing to travel regularly
- Good analytical abilities and structured way of working
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Languages: English at negotiation Ievel is mandatory, additional languages (i.e. French, German, Spanish) are a plus
To apply for this job please visit company.airbus.com.