Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. The Research & Innovation Function (R&I) leads Solvay into new growth territories with breakthrough innovation to generate new products, applications and processes in the field of sustainable chemistry. It partners with the GBUs to deliver more value and leverages the Group’s capabilities to improve competitiveness and create new business opportunities for Solvay and its customers.
The Ecodesign, Modeling & Simulation (EMS) Team is hiring a senior engineer specialized in Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and environmental impact Analysis.
As part of the Research & Innovation Function, you will contribute to the high level of expertise needed for the Environmental footprint analysis of the products and processes of Solvay Group.
As a privileged partner of the Research & Innovation corporate & GBU’s and Sustainable Development teams, your competency is key to fully support the Group’s strategy oriented towards delivering sustainable products and solutions to our Clients.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Perform life cycle analysis (LCA) of existing and future products in collaboration with Research & Innovation teams, Business Units, the Sustainable Development team and with the customers of our products
- Contribute to the environmental footprint assessment of new processes and identify levers of improvement of existing processes
- Report and communicate the results of your work, both internally and externally, and to participate to the training and communication towards our partners
- Actively disseminate an Eco-design culture inside the Group
Train and share your competencies inside the team and in the Group
Improve and develop sustainable assessment methodologies also by being an active player in a network of academic and industrial collaborations
- Identify trends in international standards, new customer needs and be proactive in the definition of the technical & scientific roadmap of the team.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability or similar discipline.
At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Sustainability or LCA methodologies for products and processes.
- Good scientific level, pragmatic, and with critical eyes
- Proficiency in the usage of specialized LCA software and database (Simapro, Gabi et EcoInvent)
- Proficiency in communication, oral and written, is key for the success in this position
- Open minded and collaborative in team work
Customer oriented mindset
- Dynamic, curious, innovative and creative person. Entrepreneurial skills
- English and French fluent (written/oral)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.solvay.com.