We are inviting applications from Master or Ph.D. level environmental scientists and engineers with experience in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to work in Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability (ESS) as part of P&G’s Global Product Stewardship (GPS) organization. Job location will be in Kronberg Germany. We will also consider Brussels, Belgium or Reading, UK if the candidate is a good fit.
ESS is a functional organization responsible for broadly supporting the environmental safety and sustainability programs for the Company. It is part of a product safety and sustainability organization of over 600 professionals globally. P&G has an exceptional history of leading the development of applied environmental science, environmental stewardship and sustainability. Founded in 1962, the Environmental Safety Department (ESD) has led development of environmental fate testing, exposure modeling, environmental effects and life cycle assessment methodologies.
P&G is a founding organization and charter member of the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC), and works frequently with government, academic, industry and non-governmental organizations to advance environmental safety and sustainability sciences. The environmental function publishes frequently with more than 800 publications in the peer reviewed literature since its inception.
This Environmental scientist position is targeted at the Scientist (PhD) or Associate Scientist (Master) level, with the following specific responsibilities.
- Building and maintaining technical capability in key environmental expertise areas such as life cycle assessment (LCA) and environmental risk assessment.
- Guiding and supporting P&G business categories, new technologies and innovation initiatives, with a special focus on strategic technologies and initiatives to support supply chain decarbonization.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of P&G’s overall strategy for environmental sustainability.
- Using expertise to facilitate external activities that build and protect P&G corporate reputation and enable responsible growth and innovation.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in environmental science or related fields, experience on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is preferred. Knowledge and experience in science-based sustainability metrices and measures would be a plus.
- Leadership experience in leveraging environmental science expertise for complex environmental and sustainability reviews in an industrial, government, and/or academic setting.
- Working knowledge in allied fields such as environmental chemistry and toxicology, environmental fate and exposure, analytical chemistry is beneficial.
- Strong communication and partnership skills to enable seamless collaboration with customers and collaborators inside and outside the Company.
- Fluency in English
To optimally prepare for our online assessment & interviews, make sure you fully understand our application process.
Please ensure you provide:
- Copy of Master and PhD (if applicable) diploma and transcript
- Copy of relevant work, internship and volunteering certificates or reference letters
Please upload all documents in the “CV/Resume” field. Incomplete applications may lead to delays in the recruitment process.
EQUALITY & INCLUSION
P&G is an equal opportunity employer, where respect, diversity, and inclusion are the cornerstones of our culture. We create a company in which all people have the same access and the same chance to learn, grow, succeed, and develop. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identification, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected factor.
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please follow this link to find out more.
To apply for this job please visit www.pgcareers.com.