For Essity, sustainability is an integral part of our business model and our strategy for growth and value creation. We are now looking for a committed Environmental Specialist, to complement our Product Sustainability team and to continue to drive our sustainability efforts for our products and services.
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company, dedicated to improving well-being through leading hygiene and health solutions. We work with a life cycle approach to provide our consumers and customers with better, safe, environmentally and socially sound products and services.
This means that we are working with a value chain approach from designing products, sourcing raw materials, producing products and all the way through how products are used and after use.
In the role as Environmental Specialist you will be part of further developing our products and support them with environmental support and assessments such as Life Cycle Assessments (LCA)
The position is located in Gothenburg and reports to VP Product Sustainability.
- Environmental support and assessments
- Calculate LCAs for hygiene and health products
- Manage environmental information and data from suppliers and own production
- Work closely with our international innovation teams and R&D to support the development of sustainable innovations
- Support claims development based on environmental achievements
- Present results and improvement areas to key stakeholders
- University degree or equivalent in sustainability, environment, chemical or mechanical engineering or similar
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of lifecycle thinking and environmental interrelations
- Expertise in circular economy and “waste to resource” initiatives are appreciated
- Relevant working experience with LCA, including specialized LCA software such as GaBi.
- Ability to interact with different functions in the company and with external stakeholders in an international environment
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Ability to present results to key stakeholders in an engaging way
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Susan Iliefski-Janols, VP Product Sustainability,+46 31 7460711.
Essity kindly but firmly declines direct contact with recruiting and staffing agencies, as well as job advertising sellers.
Essity at a glance
Essity is a leading global hygiene and health company dedicated to improving well-being through our products and solutions, essentials for everyday life. The name Essity stems from the words essentials and necessities. Our sustainable business model creates value for people and nature. Sales are conducted in approximately 150 countries under the leading global brands TENA and Tork, and other strong brands, such as Jobst, Leukoplast, Libero, Libresse, Lotus, Nosotras, Saba, Tempo, Vinda and Zewa. Essity has about 48,000 employees and net sales in 2017 amounted to approximately SEK 109bn (EUR 11.3bn). The headquarters is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. More information at www.essity.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.essity.com.