No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine.
Every day, around the world, people reach for Unilever products. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create, market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh.
Business Context and Main Purpose of Job
Our Safety & Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC) plays a vital role in building and sustaining confidence from consumers and communities around the globe in our brands and products. Unilever’s ambition is to double the size of the business while reducing its environmental impacts; SEAC’s world-class reputation for sustainability science will play a key role in supporting Unilever to achieve this challenge, by working with product developers, suppliers and retailers to reduce the environmental impacts of our products.
As an Environmental Sustainability Scientist your responsibilities will include:
- Provide sustainability expertise to identify opportunities to manage environmental impacts of Unilever products, technologies and portfolios.
- Influence Unilever’s innovation, supply chain, marketing and Corporate sustainability strategies and ambitions.
- Engage and interact with colleagues within SEAC and other Unilever functions, offering sustainability insights to business projects.
- Lead / contribute to research projects to improve SEAC’s environmental sustainability scientific capability.
- Develop and maintain collaborations and partnerships with key academic, governmental and industrial groups.
- Present SEAC research in international conferences and engage with Key Opinion Formers to further enhance Unilever’s reputation in this area.
- Represent Unilever in relevant external activities on sustainability assessment of products and technologies.
Essential Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- PhD in relevant subject and several years of industrial / post doc experience
- OR Masters and with several years of relevant experience.
- Ability to apply Environmental Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) to evaluate products and services.
- Ability to generate, evaluate and interpret data used in assessments of environmental impact.
- Good networking, influencing and communication skills including publications
- Ability to communicate complex scientific information and rationales on environmental sustainability to individuals from other disciplines or from non- technical backgrounds.
- Ability to work in cross-disciplinary teams and in multi-cultural environments.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Modelling of chemical and packaging processes and related activities e.g. waste management
- Understanding and experience of employing approaches to assess variability and uncertainty in impact assessments.
- Understanding and experience in developing Life Cycle Impact Assessment LCIA methodologies.
We are Unilever. We work to create a better future every day.
We help people look good, feel good and get more out of life with brands and service that are good for them and good for others.
We will inspire people to take small everyday actions that can add up to a big difference for the world.
We will develop new ways of doing business that will allow us to double the size of the company while reducing our environmental impacts.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow – making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
Standards of Leadership:
- Purpose & Service
- Personal Mastery
- Business Acumen
- Talent Catalyst
- Consumer Love
- Passion for High Performance
Online Application >> Digital Interview >> Face to Face Interview >> Job Offer
Please note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete a brief online application form. Completion of the form is required in order to be considered. Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application form as when filled out partially or not at all it may adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the form at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
How to Apply
Find out what it’s like to work here by clicking on this link https://www.unilever.co.uk/careers/professionals/working-here/
All candidate applications are reviewed in accordance with the criteria outlined for the job role. Please note that the closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st January 2019
To apply for this job please visit unilever.taleo.net.