Principal Consultant – Product Sustainability
The Principal Consultant Role Will Be Focussed On
ERM is seeking a motivated and commercially focused Principal Consultant who is interested in developing our Product Sustainability and Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) team by providing technical expertise, strategy, hands on implementation support and innovative solutions to clients across a range of sectors. We work with a variety of stakeholders at our clients’ organisations, ranging from Board members and senior management through to sustainability, marketing and innovation teams, to help our clients assess and implement sustainability initiatives.
- Developing ERM’s service offerings and programmes of work to ensure they meet current and future client needs, and
- Building on existing client relationships and working with new clients to develop and deliver a range of innovative projects that assess the environmental and social impacts of our clients’ products, services and supply chains.
Desired background and accountabilities
- Strong track record of business development and client delivery in the fields of circular economy, climate change and life cycle assessment
- Extensive market knowledge of the drivers of sustainable product design and assessment choices
- Delivery of complex LCA projects, ensuring robust and credible outcomes are produced, in accordance with international standards
- Implementing technical governance protocols to ensure methods are in line with relevant international standards
- Detailed understanding of relevant ISO standards, other methodologies relating to LCA, carbon footprinting, EPDs, PCRs
- Significant experience working with LCA software
- Extensive experience conducting LCA, carbon-, or climate-related studies for energy, pharmaceuticals, mining, chemical sectors and products
- 15+ years’ experience in commercial facing role with strong degree of business acumen
- PhD or advanced degree in engineering or relevant subjects
- An ability to prioritise workloads and demonstrate independence and the initiative to react to changes needs and priorities
- Excellent technical communication and influencing skills
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders at all levels, ranging from technical specialists to Board members
- Possess a willingness to travel in the UK and Europe, to attend client and stakeholder meetings
- Be active within your professional network through, for example, membership of a professional institute, industry or trade body
This position can be based out of the following locations: London, Manchester, Oxford, Harrogate, Frankfurt or Brussels.
To apply for this job please visit erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.