Are you interested in sustainability, conscious consumerism and biodiversity and looking for a job with a mission? Are you passionate about Life Cycle Assessment? inoqo provides climate labeling and sustainability engagement solutions for retailers and F&B brands. And guess what – we need a lot of great minds to support us in tackling one of the biggest challenges of our times.
As a Senior LCA Expert or Senior Sustainability Manager, you get to build an impact assessment SaaS solution of one of the most promising impact start-ups in Europe! Depending on your experience and affinities, we could also make this a Head of Research position. Join us on either a part-time or full-time basis (30-38.5 hours) at our HQ in Vienna or remotely. Due to legal requirements, you should have your main point of living in Austria or be registered as a freelancer to issue invoices (if working remotely).
What’s in it for you:
- You will have the chance to upgrade and grow your skills and knowledge in an exciting and fast-growing start-up environment.
- You will be working alongside a highly experienced CEO who has successfully founded and scaled a global tech-startup (150+ team members, $170M+ VC raised) + a highly motivated Data & Research Team.
- You will have the opportunity to attend regular workshops and fireside chats which will boost your sustainability and biodiversity know-how to another level.
- We value flexibility in every aspect with the option of working from home and flexible working hours.
Your main responsibility will be to guide the way forward in developing our internal impact estimator; an innovative tool to automatically conduct life cycle analysis/carbon footprints of thousands of (food) products. In addition to that, in this role, you will:
- Assist in strategically conceptualizing our B2B impact assessment solution (e.g. continuous review of LCA methodology).
- Recommend data and methodologies for best calculating environmental and social indicators of products (groceries at the moment, later also FMCG, fashion etc.).
- Utilize LCA databases like Ecoinvent and research data and assumptions for impact hotspots and contribute to building our product and impact database.
- Perform LCA calculations with openLCA and our own scalable solutions.
- Identify potential research institutes in the space, assess their fit with our product & research direction and establish a frequent exchange with them.
- Guide the daily decision-making of the data & research team and decide whether to strategically outsource to external providers or tackle tasks in-house.
Although this is how we’ve envisioned to approach this idea, we expect you to further shape the exact concept through your expertise and guide the development and implementation process towards the jointly developed vision.
You’re a fit because:
- You have 5+ relevant years of professional experience in LCA and carbon accounting (PEF, ISO 140 44 etc.). Focus on food/agriculture or FMCG products is important to us.
- You have solid experience with tools like openLCA, Ecoinvent and/or SimaPro.
- You have a good network in the LCA scene in Europe.
Big plus (nice-to-have):
Having knowledge of other impact dimensions, such as Biodiversity, Animal Welfare, and Social Welfare, including a strong network in those areas.
Strong command of written and spoken German.
Knowledge of Python.
Ready to join our mission? Awesome!
Please send us your CV and a few sentences about why you think we would be a good match through the application button. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
For this position, we budgeted the minimum salary of 3.190€ gross per month (x14). However, we are happy to discuss your expectations together and considerably increase remuneration depending on your competencies and skills.
We value diversity and strongly believe it contributes to a broader collective perspective that can consistently lead to a better company, better products, and better services. We seek to build an inclusive workplace that welcomes people from the broadest talent pool possible. Qualified individuals from all types of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com