Website Kohler Co.
Create life cycle inventory (LCI) models and supporting databases; assist product and process development teams to apply this
information and improve product sustainability.
1. Work with manufacturing operations and suppliers to develop energy, water and material flow balances for Kohler products. Collect data to understand and express the relationship between resource use, waste, and product value add.
2. Create resource use and waste intensity factors that may be incorporated with product-specific LCI models.
3. Maintain and regularly update a database of LCI information and associated Design for Environment (DfE) tools. Ensure these are accessible and useful to project teams for designing better products and processes with lower environmental impacts.
4. Contribute to the development of product transparency deliverables (Environmental Product Declarations and Product Material Health Declarations) and supporting programs.
5. Contribute creative ideas, concepts, and methods to the improvement of DfE tools, training, and best
Reports to: Environmental Project Engineer – Product Transparency
-Collaborates with global Design for Environment professionals at Kohler.
-Collaborates with product and process development teams.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: Minimum two years of academic progress toward a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, environmental, materials or manufacturing engineering from a four-year college or university. Desire to apply Design for Environment principles to new
product development. Strong interpersonal skills that enable the candidate to gain the support and trust of co-workers.
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.’s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a medical benefits package including a competitive salary, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit kohler.csod.com.