ofi is a global leader at the forefront of food & beverage consumer trends. Through its complementary portfolio of cocoa, coffee, dairy, nuts and spices ofi delivers sustainable, natural, and plant-based ingredients & solutions to its global and diversified customer base. ofi has 20,000+ employees, is in 51 countries and supplies food and raw materials to over 8,000 customers.
One in five chocolate bars produced anywhere in the world use our cocoa beans and products. We supply enough coffee beans to brew over 90 billion cups of coffee and our nuts, spices and dairy products are used in millions of products around the world. But we don’t just source or grow the raw materials for these products: our team of chefs and food scientists are working closely with our customers, sharing our fresh ideas to inspire new concepts. Making it real at every step, from plant to palate.
We’re also driven by our Purpose – ‘Be the change for good food and a healthy future’. By working with ofi, you’ll be helping to create real impact on the ground. Sustainability is built into our business model – from our offices to our farming operations and supply chains, we’re acting across issues as diverse as farmer poverty, deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions.
You will maintain and develop LCA methodology & modelling for the inhouse AtSource Digital Footprint Calculator. You will sit in the AtSource Team, part of ofi Sustainability.
AtSource is ofi’s award winning sustainability insights platform for agricultural supply chains, purposefully created to demonstrate social and environmental impact and drive change for farmers, communities and ecosystems.
In this role, you will work within an LCA modelling team and collaborate with other experts in Sustainability, Verification and Technology.
- Contribute to the advancement of existing agrifood LCA models;
- Maintain and develop LCA models to ensure they reflect ofi/Olam’s production and sustainability efforts;
- Use expertise in modelling to drive insights;
- Identify sources of error and inconsistencies with data, ensuring they are resolved while capturing issues for learning purposes;
- Review and update the methodologies/modelling/calculation when needed;
- Work with digital team to ensure LCA models are digitised;
- Provide sufficient explanation on the LCA input data to data collection and verification teams
- Document foot printing methodologies and processes to enable replicability and verification;
- Be a point of contact for technical questions relating to LCA in ofi/Olam.
- Educated to Masters/PhD level in Life Cycle Assessment, Industrial Ecology, Environment Sciences or similar;
- Strong quantitative skills;
- Proven experience of LCA modeling; experienced using LCA tools such as SimaPro or similar;
- Experienced with LCA data quality, uncertainty, sensitivity assessment;
- Familiarity with footprinting standards (e.g: GHG Protocol, PEF) and environmental product declarations;
- Feel comfortable to work with scientific literature and methodology standards;
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience;
- Experienced or interested in agrifood processing & logistics.
- Enjoy modelling;
- Attention to detail but not lose sight of the big picture;
- Pro-active & Well-organized;
- Ability to multitask
What we offer
At ofi you will get a position in one of the fastest growing and most sustainable companies in the food and agri-industry. You will have a high responsibility and will start in a very entrepreneurial, open and informal organization with regular social events.
ofi offers the following company benefits:
- Competitive salary;
- Discretionary incentive scheme;
- Opportunities to work from home;
- Flexible working hours;
- 25 Vacation days per annum and opportunity to buy 10 extra;
- Home/work travel allowance;
- Company pension scheme;
- Collective medical insurance with company contribution;
- Company fitness;
- Company sponsored bike scheme;
- Collective insurances.
ofi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants are requested to complete all required steps in the application process including providing a resume/CV in order to be considered for open roles
To apply for this job please visit careers.ofi.com.