Job Details & Key Attributes
To “transform tomorrow”, ArcelorMittal is relying on its 3 core value, among which Sustainability. In order to address this dimension, and to contribute positively to the sustainable development of our society, the group needs reliable and recognized methodologies to assess steel solutions. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is one of these tools which is now largely used in ArcelorMittal.
To support these LCA activities, ArcelorMittal Global R&D is looking for an experienced LCA engineer in order to manage LCA and sustainable development projects. The position will be reporting to the head of the Sustainability team.
- To support the product & process development by carrying out eco-design, LCA or EPDs of new steel products and solutions, in the field of transport, construction, packaging, general industry, and steel processes
- To improve and develop sustainable assessment methodologies in order to also position our products and solutions on the other pillars of sustainability, in particular on social aspects
- To develop strong interaction with the different ArcelorMittal R&D centres but also with the academic world related to LCA and sustainability
- To support marketing and business divisions by providing relevant environmental and sustainability information requested by the steel markets
- To report and communicate results and to participate to the training program
- To disseminate knowledge through the writing of scientific papers
- To represent ArcelorMittal or the industry to different standardisation committees or international working groups or scientific forums, when necessary.
- Travels mainly in Europe.
Minimum Applicant Attribute
- Education/ Qualification: Master- Engineering, PhD desired
- Subject: Environment, chemical or process engineering
- Language: Advanced in English and French
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Life Cycle Assessment
- Good scientific level, pragmatic, and with critical eyes
- Proficiency in research method, both theoretical and experimental
- Proficiency in communication, oral and written
- Proficiency in project management
- Ability to work in network and at ease in a team
- Ability to be multi-task, flexible and reactive
- Dynamic, curious, innovative and creative person. Entrepreneurial skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.arcelormittal.com.