Website SCS Global Services
Since 1984, SCS Global Services has been a pioneer and leader in the field of sustainability standards and third-party certification, working across the economy in the natural resources, built environment, food and agriculture, consumer products and climate sectors. Partnering with companies, government agencies, NGOs, and stakeholders, we are striving to advance sustainable development goals through independent assessment, the application of sound science, and innovative solutions. Through these services, we are enabling decision-makers and purchasers to make informed decisions, giving innovators a competitive edge, and helping to drive the development of leadership standards to create a framework for continuous improvement.
The Life Cycle Associate will support the program by conducting quantitative analysis and modeling for life cycle assessment and carbon footprinting projects. In addition, the Life Cycle Associate will be responsible for conducting research, interacting with clients, technical report writing and administrative support.
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Carbon Footprinting
- Other related Services
Roles and Responsibilities
Conduct Technical Services
- Conduct data analysis and modeling
- Interpret results of analysis and make recommendations
- Prepare written reports based on results
- Preform critical reviews and verification of Environmental Product Declarations
- Communicate with clients about the assessment process and requirements
- Answer client questions and concerns; document communications
- Work with clients to gather data required to conduct assessments
- Generate invoices and work orders
- Ensure assessment documentation client records are properly executed and maintained
- Assist in the creation and/or maintenance of program documents
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline or engineering
- 2 year of professional experience in a position requiring extensive quantitative work and data analysis, or a graduate degree (e.g., Masters or PhD degree)
- Experience working with complex data and database systems
- Working knowledge or familiarity with Life Cycle Analysis and Carbon Footprinting principles and standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard business software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered, unless precluded by local and national jurisdiction. Pursuant to local and national law–proof of vaccination required. Medical and religious accommodations will also be considered.
- Sit 6+ hours per day. Keyboarding 6+ hours per day. Must be able to speak and listen to employees and vendors in person and on the phone.
- This is an office-based job.
*SCS, Working Remotely:
At this time, SCS Global Services is recruiting all open roles to be remote; allowing our employees the ability to work flexibly and allowing SCS as a company to diversify the experience and perspectives of our growing workforce.
As part of our remote work, we want to ensure that our employees have what they need to work from home. We provide our new employees with a computer and can offer assistance in acquiring ergonomic necessities.
SCS Global Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SCS Global Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit scs.hrmdirect.com.