Website Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
RTO that develops advanced technologies
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https://www.list.lu/
Discover our Environmental Research and Innovation department: ERIN Department
You will join the Environmental Sustainability Assessment and Circularity (SUSTAIN) Unit of ERIN. SUSTAIN develops knowledge, transferable (software) technologies, practical methods and outreach activities for the simulation and comprehensive sustainability assessment of societal systems. Its final purpose is to foster sustainable eco-innovation, through products and technologies, as well as support sustainability-oriented policy implementation and behavioural change to promote decarbonisation transitions.
You will be incorporated in the Life Cycle Sustainability Analysis (LCSA) research group. The group consists of ca. 25 researchers with a broad range of expertise and diverse cultural backgrounds, and united by the common purpose of supporting the sustainability transition. The group develops sustainability metrics and indicators, to assess the environmental and social impacts of products, technologies, territories and policies, for both industrial organisations and policy makers.
How will you contribute?
You have expertise in the development of life cycle impact assessment methods, in particular for toxicity. You have a proven track record in conducting and advancing the LCA methodology in both academic and applied research projects.
You have experience in the application of LCA to the Safe and Sustainable by Design (SSbD) assessment of new materials and chemicals is particularly appreciated.
You will contribute to (and progressively take ownership and manage) a portfolio of European projects in the field of LCA and SSbD, focusing e.g. on nanomaterials, industrial processes, new (biobased) materials.
You will be accountable for developing new research projects in this field, by attracting new competitive national and European funding, including co-supervision of PhD students.
Your daily tasks could include but are not limited to:
- Manage LCA research projects as principal investigator or task leader and be accountable for the realization of deliverables,
- Formulate innovative scientific concepts in the field of LCA
- Actively collaborate with other researchers to promote interdisciplinary activities internally and externally
- Participate in mentoring and training of post-docs and undergraduates/trainees
- Define new research proposals (e.g. Horizon Europe) together with other researchers and/or industrial partners
Is Your profile described below? Are you our future colleague? Apply now!
Master’s degree in engineering or environmental science AND PhD in Life Cycle Assessment is required.
Experience and skills
- 4-year postdoctoral experience (in research or consulting or industry)
- Proven expertise in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA);
- Excellent knowledge of LCA software
- Previous successful experience in acquiring competitive research funding
- Proven organizational skills and interdisciplinary thinking, a problem-solving mind-set, and a strong team-working capability, but is also able to work in autonomy and creatively.
- Flawless knowledge of English (both spoken and written) is required.
- Knowledge of German and/or French and/or Luxembourgish is considered as an asset.
Your LIST benefits
- An organization with a passion for impact and strong RDI partnerships in Luxembourg and Europe that works on responsible and independent research projects
- Sustainable by design, empowering our belief that we play an essential role in paving the way to a green society
- Innovative infrastructures and exceptional labs occupying more than 5,000 square metres, including innovations in all that we do
- An environment encouraging curiosity, innovation and entrepreneurship in all areas
- Personalized learning programme to foster our staff’s soft and technical skills
- Multicultural and international work environment with more than 50 nationalities represented in our workforce
- Diverse and inclusive work environment empowering our people to fulfil their personal and professional ambitions
- Gender-friendly environment with multiple actions to attract, develop and retain women in science
- 32 days’ paid annual leave, 11 public holidays, 13-month salary, statutory health insurance
- Flexible working hours, home working policy and access to lunch vouchers
Your application must include:
- A motivation letter oriented towards the position and detailing your experience
- A scientific CV with contact details
- List of publications (and patents, if applicable)
- Contact details of 2 references
Application procedure and conditions
- LIST is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse personnel. We value all applicants and will consider all competent candidates for employment without regard to national origin, race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, age or disability
- Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled
- An assessment committee will review the applications and select candidates based on guidelines that aim to ensure equal opportunities
- LIST is dedicated to promoting the role of women in science, and, therefore, explicitly invites women to apply.
- The main criteria for selection will be the correspondence of the existing skills and expertise of the applicant with the requirements mentioned above
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.