Website Université de Sherbrooke
In response to the call for proposals under the Canada Research Chairs (CRC) Program, the Faculty of Engineering of the Université de Sherbrooke is seeking candidates to fill a faculty position for Tier 1 Canada Research Chairs. This is a regular, full-time position.
These Chairs relate to one of the key themes identified by the Faculty of Engineering and the Université de Sherbrooke, specifically:
- Materials (Research ecosystem for cutting-edge materials
- Energy (Development and management of new energy sources)
- Health (Bioengineering and new technologies related to health)
- Transportation (Equipment, intelligence and infrastructure for human mobility)
- Sustainable development (Development and environmentally responsible management)
- Safety, standardization, and adaptation
The Chairholder’s home department shall be determined based on their expertise and direction of their research program.
UNIVERSITY’S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
The University is committed to making a priority of these values as strategic factors of excellence. This commitment is stated in the University’s Plan d’action d’équité pour les programmes interorganismes (2017–2022).
The University invites all qualified individuals to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities under the Programme d’accès à l’égalité en emploi (PAEE). The selection tools can be adapted, with an assurance of complete confidentiality, to the needs of persons with disabilities who so request. The University also encourages individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications identified for CRCs must meet diversity and equity objectives.
The candidates sought are exceptional, world-class researchers recognized by their peers for their achievements in their field. The candidates must propose a promising, innovative research program of the highest quality, while demonstrating interest and competency in teaching.
PRINCIPAL CHALLENGES AND DUTIES
- Teach at all three levels.
- Supervise graduate and doctoral students.
- Develop fundamental and applied research activities.
- Take part in university life.
- Contribute to community service.
- Hold a doctorate in a relevant discipline.
- Comply with the requirements of the Canada Research Chairs Program – Tier 1.
- Have a marked interest in university pedagogy and teaching as well as for research, development, and innovation.
- Demonstrate good ability to supervise graduate students.
- Have a publication record in peer-reviewed journals of international standing, testifying to an excellent research record.
- Demonstrate skills in establishing and maintaining good interpersonal relations, a sense of collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate qualities of leadership and initiative as well as outstanding skills in communicating and interacting effectively and harmoniously with various internal and external partners.
- The successful candidate must be able to teach in French or be able to do so in short order.
- Be a member of the OIQ (Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec) or have the required qualifications to become a member as soon as possible.
- Experience in interdisciplinary, multidisciplinary, or transdisciplinary research as well as in knowledge transfer will be considered an asset.
The working conditions are governed by the collective agreement in effect. Regular, full-time position. Anticipated start date: To be determined.
The term of the Tier 1 Chair is seven years and is renewable once after examination of the incumbent’s record.
Check our website for the full description of all our job opportunities, then submit your application online. For this opportunity, see offer 03430.
The deadline for submitting applications is 5 p.m. on February 11, 2019.
We encourage you to submit your application electronically by clicking on “POSTULER.”
1) Your curriculum vitae;
2) A motivational letter;
3) The research-program proposal (maximum of five pages) should, in particular, broach the main axes in relationship to your past targeted objectives, brief program of activities, integration of Faculty of Engineering priority themes, training of highly qualified personnel who will be called on to take part, funding options, and networking;
4) Reprints of your most relevant recent contributions.
In addition, please have three letters of recommendation sent directly by the signatories to the following:
Faculty of Engineering
Université de Sherbrooke
Job posting 03430
2500, boulevard de l’UniversitéSherbrooke (Québec) J1K 2R1 E-mail: [email protected]
Applicants should be available between February 12 and April 15, 2019, for a possible interview.
To apply for this job please visit monemploi.sofe.usherbrooke.ca.