Website R2M Solutions
R2M Solution UK is currently seeking a senior talented, independent and driven individual to contribute to its research activities in projects related to the built environment, energy and resource efficiency, digitalization and circular economy. In our projects, R2M aims to bring products and services into the market with innovative business models, plans, market analyses and exploitation roadmaps. The individual will bring her/his expertise and experience to contribute to various projects where R2M participates within the EU-H2020 and Innovate UK Framework Programme.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Research and Development manager with a keen interest in the built environment, the energy sector, and the circular economy to join the team and manage the delivery of projects, and ultimately help the company capitalise commercially on the knowledge generated.
Location: London – UK, with limited (mostly EU) travel.
- Manage, coordinate and review scientific and technical work – ensuring achievement of project and company scientific and technical objectives.
- Contribute to H2020 European R&D projects focused on built environment, energy, digitalisation and sustainability. See description of ENERGE and other related projects on the company website: http://www.r2msolution.com.
- Develop business strategies for research developments within the framework of the European and UK research projects R2M participates. This includes business modelling, business planning, exploitation and R&D road mapping, among other activities.
- Deliver high quality reports and results for national/European research and innovation projects involving energy and resources efficiency, digitalisation and circular economy
- Coordinate and manage project administrative matters of UK/EU research and internal administration tasks ensuring compliance with contractual requirements
- Manage risks and engage with the team and project partners in order to mitigate any risks;
- Engage with and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Travel for innovation consultancy in the UK, Europe and America representing R2M in R&D and sustainability projects
- Degree in relevant scientific and engineering discipline. PhD or 8+ year of experience in research and technology development/transfer preferable
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to comprehend complex scientific and technical issues spanning several disciplines;
- Demonstratable experience in coordinating EU/UK research projects with strong project management, organisation and leadership skills;
- Familiarity with research environment, science communication and decision-making;
- Comfortable in engaging stakeholders at EU and national level to deliver workshops, conferences and dissemination events;
- Demonstrable experience in research proposal development and coordination for UK/European and multilateral programme
- Motivation to contribute to the development of sustainable and low carbon economy
- Positive, proactive, creative and ability to deal with multiple tasks.
- Engineering and modelling software skills;
- Knowledge in life cycle assessment
- Business development experience in the UK, Europe and other markets (America, Asia)
- Fluency in Italian, Spanish and/or French;
- Experience in coaching/mentoring/managing professionals;
- Salary £38,000 to £45,000 (depending on skills and experience)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays,
- Flexible work environment
- Training opportunities
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the role before noon December 12th 2019.