Website PURIS Foods
If you truly care about people, their careers, your team of co-workers, your work, your family and our world – if you’re ready to run like hell to take a booming industry by storm, to rally people together to be a part of something bigger than themselves, let’s talk. We work hard, play hard and laugh along the way.
Join the PURIS team to lead the plant-based movement and ensure production of high quality, USA made plant proteins! PURIS offers competitive wages, fully paid life, disability, and dental insurance, along with affordable medical and vision insurance upon qualification. We also offer a generous PTO package and 401k.
The Sustainability Lead is responsible for executing the Environmental Stewardship strategy for PURIS. The Sustainability Lead will work cross-functionally across all business units to identify and deploy data-driven mechanisms to bring sustainable solutions and insights to customers – connecting the PURIS seed to solution model to our customers. The Sustainable Lead will be the business process owner for sustainability impact modelling and accounting and will serve as the internal subject matter expert on methods for modelling and accounting for water and climate impacts. This includes life cycle assessment (LCA) methodology, water quality impact calculation for water, and greenhouse gas accounting.
The Sustainability Lead must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop and own PURIS methodology for modeling greenhouse gas, water, and land use changes impacts of products and projects across the business. Train PURIS stakeholders on impact assessments and how they apply to PURIS project and product decisions
- Support development of and own execution of PURIS’ environmental stewardship strategy. Develop, track, and report KPIs for monthly and quarterly management and customer reporting needs
- Develop and own PURIS’ portfolio of tools for modeling and accounting for greenhouse gas, water, and land use change impacts from germplasm development to food processing
- Train internal stakeholders for representing PURIS sustainability targets and metrics externally
Education and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the food and agricultural industry – directly, as a consultant, or in academia
- Experience applying life cycle assessment (LCA) methodologies to food and agricultural products
- Experience working with various sustainable agricultural tools
- Experience in agronomics understanding crop inputs, crop rotations, and their impacts to sustainability metrics
- Experience modelling and accounting for climate and water impacts of various agricultural practices and land use change
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; ability to make data-driven recommendations
- Experience working with large data sets
- Ability to conduct complex analysis with limited/imperfect data
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and operate in ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work with partners to understand the business context
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients here in the USA. These ingredients form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer’s shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
Want to learn more about plant-based foods? You are in luck! Plant-based markets are growing at a fast clip. Plant-based foods have grown 31% in the past two years to reach $4.5 billion! This is compared to 2% for the entire food market. PURIS is a leading supplier to this growing industry and needs your help! Check out a recent report here to learn more about the growth of the industry. You can also check out our FAQ’s or email [email protected] for more info.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.