Website WAP Sustainability Consulting
ABOUT WAP SUSTAINABILITY
WAP Sustainability is a partnership of sustainability catalysts providing technical and strategic expertise across a variety of sustainability services, such as Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Healthy Materials, Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Management, and Carbon (GHG) Accounting. We act in various industries, including consumer and building products, manufacturing, technology, and financial services, and our clients range from Fortune 100 to private equity-backed start-ups.
We strive to solve our clients’ sustainability needs in a high-service white glove capacity. Each client relationship is built on a relentless focus on our client experience and level of service.
Our efforts have been acknowledged with two consecutive years Inc.5000 award, recognizing us as one of the fastest-growing companies in the nation.
WHY WORK WITH US
Based in Tennessee for 15 years, WAP is a leading sustainability and ESG solution provider in the U.S. Join our remote team and directly impact our clients’ journey to a more sustainable world! WAP operates 100% remotely, so you can enjoy the flexibility to work from wherever you want, no relocation is needed.
Our collaborative and fun culture, built on trust and flexibility, is key to our team’s success. We stay connected through virtual events and biannual in-person retreats -> Think multi-day adventures on special locations that invite personal growth, intimate connection, teamwork, and space to dream big together.
WAP’s continuous growth offers an outstanding professional opportunity for those wanting to progress their careers in the sustainability industry. We invest in our people’s development and rely on your self-starter mindset to drive the direction you want it to go. Developing your career is in your hands!
WAP Sustainability is seeking a motivated, values-driven individual to join our team of sustainability catalysts. This role will require strong technical skills and a passion for improving the environment by addressing the human health impacts of leading products and companies. The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced business setting focused on innovation, entrepreneurship, and change and willing to learn, grow, and maintain their expertise as the industry progresses.
The ideal candidate will have documented experience conducting and managing Life Cycle Assessments, developing disclosures such as EPDs, PEF, or PEP, evaluating material and supply chain hotspots, providing insights that inform strategy, and managing related product change. Experience with carbon neutrality, LCA verification and Embodied Carbon programs is preferred and with preparing chemical transparency documentation for building and consumer product companies, such as Health Product Declarations (HPDs) and Declare Labels.
Priority will be given to candidates with project management experience who are independently-driven problem solvers and effective collaborators who can contribute a service-based attitude to the role, day in and day out.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support and manage Life Cycle Assessments and related projects for manufacturing, consumer products, and financial service clients.
- Perform LCA modeling using leading LCA software packages.
- Develop LCA related tools and trainings for clients.
- Develop embodied carbon reduction targets and carbon neutrality goals using leading methodologies and standards.
- Manage supplier data collection and engagement.
- Manage environmental impact disclosure projects such as EPDs, PEPs, or PEFs, among others.
- Collaborate on product level strategy and support the management of multi-year strategic outcomes for clients across a variety of sectors.
- Identify opportunities for impact reductions using a variety of tools including energy generation and efficiency, optimized materials, carbon credit procurement and supply chain engagement.
- Collaborate with team members cross functionally to support and leverage other services, such as carbon accounting, climate risk, material health and toxicology, and ESG reporting.
- Support colleagues in a fashion that builds their expertise and supports knowledge transfer and growth.
- Continually educate self on trends and changes related to LCA methodologies, markets and reporting standards. Provide education on trends and evolving standards to the WAP team and clients.
DESIRED SKILL SET
- Ability to effectively manage and organize multiple consulting projects.
- Independence, drive, and trust working in a remote atmosphere.
- Ability to define and communicate solutions to unstructured problems while being effective at high- level thought and managing relevant details.
- Ability to inspire and educate co-workers and clients with actions, empathy and knowledge.
- Ability to understand and evaluate a client’s business model, drivers and culture to identify how and where LCA can supplement and drive their unique business value.
- Ability to navigate through complicated and complex data to understand what is essential in moving a project and strategy forward towards completion.
- Ability to motivate and lead by example.
- Proficiency in at least one major LCA software such as GaBi, SimaPro and/or OpenLCA.
- Knowledge of leading LCA standards and methodologies, both domestically and internationally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science, sustainability, or another related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- More than 3 years of Project Management experience and conducting Life Cycle Assessments
- Advanced ability using Microsoft Excel.
Consulting experience preferred.
- Professional certifications such as American Center for Life Cycle Assessment Certified Practitioner (ACLCACP) and Certified Lifecycle Assessment Reviewer (CLAR) preferred.
- LCA verification and PCR development experience preferred.
- Salary negotiated based on experience.
- End of year bonus up to 20% of annual base salary, based on performance.
To apply for this job please visit wapsustainability.factorialhr.com.