LCIC 2018 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteer Program are now open. We are looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of the event. Selected students will be granted a complimentary registration for the conference. Please note that costs related to travels to the conference location and accommodation are the students’ responsibility.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend sessions, workshops and barcamps during the conference
- Develop lasting peer connections with conference participants
- Gain understanding of aspects involved in coordination of a large event
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend program sessions, as well as lunches and coffee breaks. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request. To show our appreciation we invite all volunteers to participate in a closing dinner on the last day of the event.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Volunteer Program, please use the application form on the bottom of this page. Please note that this opportunity is available on a first come, first served basis. Application deadline for student volunteer service is the 15th of July!
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers will help with tasks such as:
- Reception desk: welcome, register and provide information to participants
- Direct poster authors to the panels reserved for their posters and serve as point of reference to exhibitors
- Move around microphones for questions in the auditorium
- Assist speakers with technology / provide a general check in the room and be ready to call out for help if needed
Please note that volunteers are expected to work at least 12-14 hours during the conference and must be available on-site specifically from 08:00 until 13:00 on August 29, 2018 to manage the check-in of conference participants!
- July 15, 2018: Submissions close
- July 20, 2018: Acceptance notifications