LCIC 2020 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteer Program are now open. We are looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of the virtual event. Selected students will be granted a complimentary registration for the conference.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend sessions, workshops and barcamps during the conference
- Develop lasting peer connections with conference participants
- Gain understanding of aspects involved in coordination of a large event
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend all program elements of the conference. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Volunteer Program, please use the application form on the bottom of this page. Please note that this opportunity is available on a first come, first served basis. Application deadline for student volunteer service is the 15th of July!
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers will help with tasks such as:
- Technical Assistance: Act as technical hosts and manage the virtual workshop / discussion / barcamp sessions
- Write a short summary of each session, which is to be coordinated with session chairs / workshop or barcamp organizers
Please note that volunteers are expected to manage at least 6-8 sessions during the conference.
- July 15, 2020: Submissions close
- July 20, 2020: Acceptance notifications