Time: 4:30 – 5:30pm
Room: Checkpoint Charlie
Workshop 5: Climbing Mount ThriveAbility – a ‘Basecamp’ workshop to explore organisational resilience and system value creation
Workshop Organizer: Ralph Thurm, Reporting 3.0
With a Green, Inclusive & Open Economy on the horizon and regenerative capitalism as a mechanism, this session takes you on the ‘Transformation Journey’ and expands your worldview how to get to thriveable organizations and system value creation, using the metaphor of a mountain climb.
What you will learn:
- What does it mean to be a ‘positive maverick’
- The principles and desiderate of a Green, Inclusive and Open Economy
- How your mindset and action feed into micro, meso and macro level change
- A step-by-step process of the Transformation Journey
- How education, collaboration and advocation are going to make a difference
Welcome to the Basecamp:
Welcome to the collective journey to transform the greatest challenges in human history into opportunities for humanity to survive and thrive! With the clock ticking, our economic system design needs to change drastically to enable a Green, Inclusive and Open Economy to come to life through the sustainable regeneration and just distribution of vital resources.
Reporting 3.0 started in 2013 to tackle the challenges that were going unmet. Our aspiration is to create “irresistible” solutions through a pre-competitive and market-making approach that helps to overcome plateauing ambitions and allow for a synchronized and synergized way to collectively “get the job done.”
How can you make best use of Transformation Journey? Invoking Interface Founder Ray Anderson’s metaphor of “Mount Sustainability,” we invite you to embark on a mountain climb. This workshop gives you an overview of what that climb entails:
- You start at the basecamp and make sure you are mentally well prepared;
- You carefully plan your route, you socialize with your team, and make sure all gear is available and stress-tested for the forthcoming climb;
- You take the climb one step at a time, with a clear goal in sight, but also resilient to change routes in response to dynamically changing circumstances;
- The closer you come to the mountain top, the more you will collaborate with other teams to collectively reach that mountain top.
At every step in this journey we will be covering:
- What’s the issue?
- Why is it important?
- How can I tackle it?
- What will have I learned afterwards?
Together, we can succeed, and then help many more to take the journey too!