The Journal of Sustainable Production and Consumption invites you to submit a manuscript to a call for papers for a special issue of Sustainable Production and Consumption on “Sustainable Performance Measurement”.
In particular, the journal is looking for papers that have a decision perspective and present insights to aid researchers, industry practitioners, and policy makers in moving toward holistic sustainable solutions for society.
Sustainable development aims to meet the economic, social and environmental needs of contemporary society without sacrificing future generations’ needs and development. By following this understanding we take into consideration both the Triple Bottom Line as well as the time perspective of sustainability.
Sustainability performance measurement can contribute to the multiple dimensions of sustainability by generating
- data (measured, calculated, estimated) to support decisions
- information at the appropriate level (individual, organization, nation)
- measurement for different purposes (planning and policy-setting, monitoring, controlling)
- assessments for different target groups (management, consumers, agents in the supply-chain)
Topics of papers could include
- sustainability measurement methodologies
- sustainability indicators for particular applications (case studies)
- tensions and trade-offs between the various dimensions of sustainability
- consideration of particular settings such as national or cultural backgrounds
- involvement of stakeholders in the measurement process
- techniques of decision-making using sustainability measurements
Papers from engineers, natural, and social scientists are invited, and groups working across these disciplines are particularly encouraged. Types of article published by the journal include original research, perspectives, short communications, case studies, policy and review papers.
For information on the call for papers and to submit your manuscript please go to www.ees.elsevier.com/spc/
If you have any query then please contact Managing Editor Catherine Cliffe, [email protected]
When submitting your manuscript please indicate that your paper is intended for the special issue by selecting “SPM special issue” (Sustainable Performance Measurement) as the article type during the submission process.
The manuscript submission deadline is May 1, 2017
Richard C. Darton, University of Oxford, UK
Edeltraud M. Guenther, Technische Universitaet Dresden, Germany
Editor-in-chief: Adisa Azapagic, University of Manchester, UKTags: Call for Papers Journal scp sustainability measurement