- Marine Impacts in LCA – MariLCA project launched!
- Register now for LCM 2019 to get the Early Bird price!
- Call for Submissions: Special Issue on “Life Cycle Management for Sustainable Regional Development”
- FSLCI launches Global Life Cycle Community Platform
- Join us at CILCA for Marine Litter & LCA Workshop
july 15 (Monday) - 20 (Saturday)
Tecnológico de Costa Rica TEC
Calle 15, Avenida 14., 1 km Sur de la Basílica de los Ángeles., Provincia de Cartago, Cartago, 30101, Costa Rica
14 years since the first Conferencia Internacional de Análisis de Ciclo de Vida en Latinoamérica, the 8th iteration of the conference series will return to Costa Rica, where it originated in
14 years since the first Conferencia Internacional de Análisis de Ciclo de Vida en Latinoamérica, the 8th iteration of the conference series will return to Costa Rica, where it originated in 2005. The 2019 international conference is jointly organized by RICV, Association for LCA in Latin America (ALCALA), and the Costa Rica National Life Cycle Network.
CILCA 2019 has adopted as the overarching central topic “LCA: Global Competitiveness” to frame the discussions and exchanges on an array of sub-themes relevant to the regional context such as the following: life cycle and the international agreements; life cycle methodology and its applications to agriculture, building and energy sectors, fishing and marine litter, tourism, mining, procurement, education and lifestyles, just to name a few; as well as applicable tools such as eco-design and circular economy and much more.
The structure of the international conference considers special meetings, courses, and workshops to be held just prior to CILCA on July 15 and 16. The Opening Plenary is to happen on the morning of July 17 and continuing with other plenaries and parallel sessions up to July 19, with closing and award ceremonies. During the whole week, the showroom for CILCA-EXPO 2019 welcomes sponsors to promote their innovative products and services. On July 20, local organizers offer guided tours for those interested on technical and/or tourist visits to nearby sites.
As per other CILCAs, the participation of public and private organizations from all sectors and different countries, including researchers and decision makers, as well as students, is expected.
Important dates and deadlines to keep in mind
- Submission of abstracts (oral presentations and posters): Before November 30, 2018
- Notification of acceptance (oral presentations and posters): By December 14, 2018
- Submission of complete papers (for oral presentations): Before February 28, 2019
- Notification of acceptance (for oral presentations): By April 10, 2019
- Conference Activities: July 15–20, 2019
CILCA 2019 will be hosted at the University “Tecnológico de Costa Rica” (TEC), Central Campus, in Cartago. Cartago was the first capital of Costa Rica and the province is home to very interesting archeological sites, colonial ruins, and beautiful national parks. More information is available at www.cilca2019.org.
Indicate your participation
You must login to indicate your participation status for this event Login Now
Abstract Submission Deadline