EXPO 2015 conference, LCA for “Feeding the planet and energy for life”
october 6 (Tuesday) - 8 (Thursday)(GMT+00:00) View in my time
Grand Hotel Bristol
C.so Umberto I, 73 - 28838 Stresa - Italia
This year, Italy will host EXPO 2015 (www.expo2015.org), the Universal Exposition having as central theme “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life”. Life cycle assessment
This year, Italy will host EXPO 2015 (www.expo2015.org), the Universal Exposition having as central theme “Feeding the Planet, Energy for Life”. Life cycle assessment (LCA) represents a reference methodology that helps analysing supply chains toward achieving sustainability objectives, including improved agriculture, food production and consumption as well as more efficient energy conversion and use.
The Joint Research Centre of the European Commission and the Italian LCA Network jointly organize a conference during EXPO 2015, discussing the role of LCA on the EXPO 2015 topics and presenting latest research in the field.
- LCA of food supply chains
- LCA for more efficient energy production and use
- Life Cycle Sustainability assessment, Social LCA and Life Cycle Costing applied to food and energy sectors
- Product Environmental Footprint in the food sector
- Developments in LCIA methods (especially focusing on land use, biotic resources, toxicity-related impacts and water)
- Inefficiency, food losses and waste along the supply chain: strategies for reduction, industrial symbiosis and energy recovery in the food sector
- Behavioral/nutritional aspects influencing environmental impacts (e.g. dietary shift implication to environmental impacts) and use phase/consumption modelling
Abstract submission and deadlines
- download abstract format here): 15th April 2015; (
- Notification of acceptance: 30th April 2015;
- Early registration: 15th May 2015: Authors (oral presentations and posters) registration and participants early registration (this is also the deadline for being included as presenter in the program);
- An extended abstract (4 pages) will be requested by the 5th of June and included in the conference proceedings ( a template will be available from 30 of April).
Abstract Submission Deadline
Early Bird Registration Deadline