International Life Cycle Academy Awards started to accept this year’s nominations! Awards are given to the successful contributors to the conference presentations or scientific publications in quantitative sustainability assessment field. This year’s awards specifically focuses on contributions within the area of sustainable production and consumption of food.
The ceremony will be held within the LCA Food Conference on 17-19 October 2018 in Bangkok and there will be 6 award categories:
- Best contribution to LCA modelling
- Best contribution to sustainable production
- Best contribution to sustainable consumption
- Best contribution to policy application of LCA
- Best contribution to LCA communication or teaching
- Best contribution to LCA quality
Equal weight will be given to scientific content and application/communication while deciding on the winners. Nominations should be sent to [email protected] before September 3rd. Self-nominations are also accepted but must be accompanied by at least 1 external recommendation letter. Nominations should include:
- Title, name and e-mail address of nominee
- The Award category sought, among the ones listed above (min. 1, max. 2)
- A motivation of maximum 10 lines of text
- A copy of the conference presentation or scientific publication that the Award is sought for. Conference presentations must have been accepted for presentation at a conference between November 2017 and December 2018 and be accompanied by a copy of the confirmation letter. Scientific publications must be published on-line or in paper after October 2017.
For further information: https://ilca.es/news/call-for-nominations-for-the-2018-academy-awards/Tags: ILCA international life cycle academy awards life cycle