USEtox DTU Summer School 2016
June 27 (Monday) - July 1 (Friday)(GMT+00:00) View in my time
Technical University of Denmark
Anker Engelunds Vej 1 Bygning 101A, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark
Learning objectives: Explain and apply exposure science methods used in life-cycle and comparative risk assessments. Use and evaluate basic tools for mass-balance, fate modeling, intake fraction, and effect factor estimation Review underlying
- Explain and apply exposure science methods used in life-cycle and comparative risk assessments.
- Use and evaluate basic tools for mass-balance, fate modeling, intake fraction, and effect factor estimation
- Review underlying model assumptions
- Evaluate data needs along with data and knowledge gaps in toxicity assessments
- Explain the scientific fundamentals of chemical impact assessment for a broad range of environmental emissions
- Perform your own assessment using the USEtox scientific consensus model and interpret results
- Find data sources, implement new substances into USEtox, and modify existing modules
- Discuss applicability and limitations of USEtox model, data and results in different application fields including life cycle assessment, product environmental footprinting and comparative risk assessment
Participants/students will have hands-on access to all model, data, documentation and reading files during the course and will be able to take all files back home. New substances will be characterized and participants/students may bring their own list of substances of interest for the exercises.
5 ECTS (Phd Level)
300€ (Phd Students) | 1800€ (Professionals)