LCIC 2022 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteer Program are now open. We are looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of our conference. Selected students will be granted a complimentary registration for the conference.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend sessions, workshops and barcamps during the conference
- Develop lasting peer connections with conference participants
- Gain understanding of aspects involved in coordination of a large event
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend all program elements of the conference. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
For student volunteers interested in participating at the conference in Berlin, we will cover the actual travel cost to Berlin of up to 100€. Accommodation will neither be provided nor covered.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Volunteer Program, please use the application form on the bottom of this page. Application deadline for our Student Volunteer Program is the 30th of April! Please note that the Student Volunteer Program is only open to Bachelor & Master students under 30 and currently enrolled at a university!
RESPONSIBILITIES & OPTIONS
Volunteers can join as a volunteer for the physical or the virtual event part and will be asked to support the conference organizers with tasks such as:
- Providing some assistance to manage conference content ahead of the conference
- Staff the reception during the conference and help register participants
- Acting as technical hosts and managing the workshop / discussion / barcamp sessions by uploading presentations and ensuring the live streaming of sessions
- Writing a short summary of each session, which is to be coordinated with session chairs / workshop or barcamp organizers
Please note that volunteers are expected to manage at least 6-8 sessions during the conference.
- April 30, 2022: Submissions close
- May 04, 2022: Acceptance notifications